There is an excellent info-graphic developed by CertifyMe.net titled ‘The E-Learning Revolution.’ Here are some of the interesting facts that are included on this info-graphic and they really paint an interesting picture of the growth and pervasiveness of e-learning in our organisational environments.
- 77% of American Corporations use online learning. I have not seen any statistics for Australian corporations.
- According to the CertifyMe.net info-graphic, e-Learning started in 1998 and is now 13 years old.
- The United States and Europe utilise 70% of e-Learning and the Asia Pacific region is growing fast.
- e-Learning is a $56.2 Billion business and is likely to double by 2015.
- Corporations save 50-70% when they replace instructor led training with online learning.
- e-Learning classes are typically 25-60% shorter in duration than instructor led sessions.
- 72% of corporations surveyed report that e-learning supports their need to maintain awareness of changes affecting their business.
These are some pretty interesting insights into a major change impacting organisations across the world. e-Learning has impacts that ripple throughout an organisation into areas such as sustainability, talent attraction, retention, resource planning, productivity and competitiveness.